|Trade Name||Ogura & Co., Ltd.|
|Location||2661 Hongo, Ebina-City, Kanagawa, 243-0417 Japan|
|Established||1st March, 1928|
|Founded||21st September, 1962|
|Number of Employees||60 people|
|Factory Location||Depot and Head Office|
|2661 Hongo, Ebina-City, Kanagawa, 243-0417 Japan|
|463-1 Yamaguma, Tachiarai-machi, Mii-gun, Fukuoka, 830-1226 Japan|
|Regional Sales Offices||Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Sendai, Nagoya, Takamatsu, and Fukuoka (industry and civil engineering related products)|
|Major Banks||Shizuoka Bank Fujisawa Branch, Kiraboshi Bank Kamata Branch, Mizuho Bank Fujisawa Branch, Yokohama Shinkin Bank Ebina Branch|
|Main Business||Manufacture of electro-hydraulic tools and machines used for rebar and steel processing; railway track maintenance and other related hydraulic equipment; after sales service and parts.|
|Board Member||President||Shigeharu Ogura|
The 90 plus years since our founding have coincided with the growth of Japan as a technological and innovative industrialized country. In this time there have been rises and falls of the Japanese economy bringing with them major changes that we continue to overcome now and into the future. Our history has also been one of constant effort to improve customer labor and cost savings and to develop and supply products that are safe and easy to operate. Our main products are used predominantly in the harsh environment of construction and civil engineering worksites and have been evaluated as outstanding for their quality and durability. New requirements for “seismic isolation / seismic design” and “super high-rise” drives the demand for the processing of structures of increasing strength. As research and construction technology evolve we continue to upgrade our product specifications to meet these new needs and have achieved a solid reputation for the “Ogura” brand that is:
CompactProblem-solving equipment = “solution tools” for different fields. Going forward, we will continue to adhere to our principal of “user-first” and our determination to supply products and after-sales services that meets the individual requirements for excellence and innovation that our customers in Japan and around the world expect. We will continue with our efforts throughout the company. We look forward to your continued support for the trusted brand “Ogura”.
Adhering to the user-first principle, we will contribute to the supply of products that can appeal to the domestic and global markets with excellent individuality and to provide after-sales service with peace of mind.
We will continue to aim for our slogan
We will continue to aim for our slogan
“MAKE IT ESSENTIAL”
- 1. As a matter of course, we will comply with social norms such as laws and regulations and we will continuously improve our business performance so that our quality management system can function effectively so that we can fully satisfy our customer’s expectations.
- 2. We aim to be a company that receives good evaluations from our customers.
- 3. By developing unique new products, we will secure the industry's No.1 position in Japan and overseas.
- 4. We will develop human resources to be always ambitious.
ISO9001 (Quality Management System) Certified Company
- • Started operation as a private company in Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo.
- • Invented and patented a general-purpose chuck for machine tools. The machine tool attachment breathed new life into the industry.
- • Exhibited at the Precision Machinery Exhibition and the Japan Patent Office Invention Exhibition and received an award.
- • Exhibited at the Tokyo Metropolitan Excellent Invention Exhibition and received an award.
- • Completed and released Japan's first domestic pipe cutting thread cutting machine.
- • Received a letter of appreciation from the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers for excellent product development.
- • Exhibited at the Ota-ku Industrial Promotion Exhibition in Tokyo and received an award.
- • Completed trial production of small thread cutting machine (pipe machine) and started mass production.
- • Exhibited at the Nihon Kikai Kogyo Grand Exhibition and received a letter of appreciation.
- • Exhibited at the Osaka International Trade Fair and won the Excellent Export Product Award.
- • Moved to Nishirokugo, Ota-ku, Tokyo to increase production and reform the structure.
- • Established Ogura Chuck Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- • Opened Osaka Sales Office.
- • Established Chogo Seisakusho as a factory specializing in assembly in Chogo, Fujisawa City, Kanagawa Prefecture.
- • Exhibited at the Tokyo Metropolitan Excellent Invention Exhibition and received an award from the Governor of Tokyo.
- • Against the background of the era of trade liberalization, the sales department was made independent and Ogura Sales Co., Ltd. was established.
- • Ogura Chuck Manufacturing Co., Ltd. moved to Fujisawa City, Kanagawa Prefecture and union with Chogo Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- • Opened Sendai, Nagoya and Fukuoka branch offices.
- • Opened Sapporo Residential police box.
- • Concluded a sales agency contract with Ridgid, the largest manufacturer of plumbing tools in the United States.
- • Exhibited at the Kanagawa Industrial Exhibition and received the Mayor's award.
- • Our product 50R type won the 1968 PM Excellence Award at the maintenance show.
- • This product is selected as an excellent export product for small and medium-sized enterprises in Tokyo.
- • Our product 50R type won the Kanagawa Prefecture Export Product Encouragement Award.
- • Opened Ichikawa and Hiroshima Sales Offices.
- • With the slogan “Challenge Quality!”, the dream portable pipe machine 32 mini is completed.
- • Opened Sapporo Sales Office.
- • Develop a national campaign for Ogura caravan cars.
- • Concluded product supply contracts with Virax, Europe's largest plumbing tool maker and achieved sales in Europe of over 10,000 units.
- • Changed the sales company name to Ogura & Co., Ltd.
- • Our founder, Juzo Ogura was awarded the Yellow Ribbon Award by the Science and Technology Agency for his long-standing patent product development and his contribution to the development and manufacturing of the first domestically produced pipe machine to the industrial world.
- • Released BC-19 and BC-25 rebar cutting machines with unique design.
- • Received a permanent company award from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
- • Released BB-19 and BB-25 rebar bending machines with unique design.
- • Released rebar benders MB-19 and MB-25, which use electromagnetic clutches, and were very popular.
- • Released the electro-hydraulic rebar cutters HBC-13 and HBC-19, which were very popular due to their high quality.
- • Released 25 type of an ultra-small pipe machine.
- • Released the electro-hydraulic rebar cutter series HBC-16 and HBC-25 and developed various rebar processing machines to meet the demand for labor saving and on-site processing. Exclaimed by professional users for the many variations.
- • Released the electro-hydraulic puncher series.
- • Manufacturing and sales combined as part of rationalization and moved to Ebina City, Kanagawa Prefecture, the company name was unified with “Ogura & Co., Ltd.”.
- • Opened Omiya Sales Office.
- • Concluded a worldwide OEM agreement with Makita Corporation.
- • Concluded a nationwide distributor agreement for the steel processing machine series with HMI of the United States.
- • Established and opened Kyushu Ogura & Co., Ltd. as the second factory in Tachiarai-cho, Mii-gun, Fukuoka.
- • Developed special equipment products that utilize cordless motors and small hydraulic structures for the non-construction and civil engineering fields.
- • The rebar cutting machine HCC-19 is evaluated for its light weight and small size immediately following the September 11th terrorist attacks in the United States. Ogura makes an emergency shipment to the New York City Fire Department to help with the rescue activities.
- • Released new “N series” of double-acting electro-hydraulic puncher.
- • Released new "HSC series" of Cordless Tip Saw Cutter.
- • Ogura celebrates the 90th anniversary of its founding in 1928.